George Foreman Removable Plate Grill and Sandwich/Panini Press
- Dishwasher Safe Removable Plates – included with the product.
- Easy to clean – place the removable plates in the dishwasher after grilling and you are all set for next use.
- 35% Faster Heatup – Speed up the waiting time for a meal to be ready. The heating elements of this grill heat up 35% faster, this sensibly reduce the cooking time of your meal.
With the George Foreman Grill you can cook quick and tasty meals for all members of your family. It can handle burgers, chicken, grilled vegetables and such. It comes with the George Tough non-stick coating that is 2x more effective than other models, and does a great job at eliminating all kind of excess oil and butter.
Moreover, the removable grill plates can be washed in a dishwasher, which is a huge plus when having to cleaning them up. This model heats up to 35% faster than similar models, allowing to cook your meal and get it ready in 10 minutes!
Dimensions: 12 X 6.5 X 12
Dishwasher Safe: Yes
Drip Tray: Yes
Embedded Heating Elements: Yes
Non-Stick Surface: Yes
Patented Slope Design: Yes
Removable Plates: Yes
Temperature Indicator Light: Yes
- The plates are light-weight non-stick aluminum completely removable, they are very easy to clean. This unit is handy for a quick meal.
- I advice to let the plates cool down a bit before washing. They will last much longer rather than exposing the hot metal right away with cold water.
- I was pleased to see the lid closing nicely. I had a few meat and hamburgers cooking, experienced no splattering and the juice just flowed into the tray for disposal. It has a solid lid that pushes the meat evenly and the plates let all grease flow into the drip tray. You need to adjust the pressure you apply on the lid depending on which food you’re cooking and how much you want it to be “pressed”.
- My advice is to grease the grill plates prior to use. Perhaps better not with cooking spray, as alcohol in it may cause damages to the coating. I use a soft brush or I just spread oil around with a paper towel.
- I have tried many grills and in my option this is by far in the top best 10 panini grills I had the pleasure to own.
- In order to give you an idea, burgers are done in four minutes. Quesadillas were perfect, melted the cheese great, in about the same time. I have also tried salmon, by placing it in the middle, chicken breasts and vegetables. It all turned out great. Of course grilled sandwiches and panini as well. I have even warmed up a slice of pizza, then you need to leave the lid open.
- I have owned a grill with removable plates and one without. I would pick the one with removable plates, it does make the cleaning much easier.
- We wash plates, including our own non-stick pans in the dishwasher. With time they may start to deteriorate, but it takes many years. I consider this to be a normal wear and tear from all processes together (heating, cooling, washing, etc.) not specifically from the dishwasher. I don’t find these plates delicate or anything, they seem pretty good, and actually the wash in the dishwasher is a breeze.
- There’s no on/off button, you can turn it on/off when you plug/unplug it. There’s no timer to regulate the length of cooking, you need to watch it and manage yourself. Temperature can’t be adjusted on this model, this feature is generally offered on more advanced (and more expensive) models.